Sunday, April 22, 2012

Countdown to Colorado

It's nearly the end of April... temperatures are rising and summer is only a handful of clicks away on my Google calendar.  While there is much to accomplish between now and June 6 (last day of school), my mind is drifting to our upcoming vacation.

Destination: Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 

Countdown: 56 days.

The funny thing about Colorado is that I have only been there in the summers.  John and I would love to go snowboarding in the winter sometime...maybe an anniversary celebration?  However, Colorado in the summers is hard to beat.  I've spent all my time in Ft. Collins primarily, so I am looking forward to a change of location.  Mostly, I am eager to be together with my family--making dozens of pancakes in the mornings, playing Monopoly by night. 

After taking a gander at Steamboat Springs tourist website, it appears there will be no shortage of activities: white water rafting, ATVs, hiking, biking, swimming, golfing.  John and I plan to hitch our mountain bikes onto the back of the Prius C and hit the road with our new little hybrid.  First we have to find a custom bike rack that will actually work for the C and not mess with the warranty.

I've compiled a list of options of things we could do... now the only tricky part is picking and choosing to stay within our budget!  Please offer your input if you've done any of these or been to Steamboat.
  • ATVs
  • Golfing
  • Horseback Riding
  • Hot Springs Tour
  • Mountain Biking
  • Spa
  • Tubing the Yampa River
  • Whitewater rafting
  • Brunch on the Mountain
  • Dinner on the Mountain
  • Hot Air Balloon ride
Until we start packing, it's time to finish strong at school and work hard to see our students continue to make some big gains.  Ra-Ra-Richard Green! (to the tune of Bad Romance--Lady Gaga).

No comments:

Post a Comment